Friday, November 7, 2014

Finicky Etsy Tags and SEO, a Short Lesson on That Mysterious Beast.

I don't know if anyone who looks at this sells on Esty but I do.

I have been researching and messing around with my tags lately trying to unlock that mysterious combination that makes me a millionaire ha...but a few more sales here and there.

And I realized just how finicky tags and SEO are.

I do handstamped wallet cards

(product plug ahem ahem https://www.etsy.com/listing/186599066/hand-stamped-wallet-card-aluminum-wallet?ref=shop_home_feat_1)

 and I just renewed it to give the listing a boost and then messed with some of the tags.

I realized "anniversary gifts for men" was a tag I didn't have but probably should.

I accidentally put Anniversary gift for men in my title and tag and I was really confused when I couldn't find my listing in the 16 pages of search results for the search "anniversary gifts for men wallet card"

I went back to my listing and realized I didn't put an s on gifts so I fixed it and searched again. Now my item was on the front page.

So a "s" made the difference of my listing not even being found under that search and being on the front page. Now to go double check the rest of my listings lol

Lesson learned, now to dive back in.

See ya next time I have another blonde moment I want to tell you about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment